We take a look at the reasons these little wonders are so beneficial.
Here are five good reasons to have a handful of blueberries every day.
- Research shows blueberries can reduce the risk of heart attacks and stroke.
- Blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidants and contain the health-promoting phytochemical, anthocyanin.
- Blueberries are a good source of vitamin C, which is important for strengthening the immune system.
- They are a good source of both soluble and insoluble fibre, and can help improve the health of your bowel and keep cholesterol levels in check.
- Blueberries also supply you with the trace mineral manganese.
Read our fact sheet on antioxidants.
Discover more from our nutrition expert Lisa Guy here.
Find out more about Lisa Guy.
Some Rita Procduct: