- Hits: 763
What is Lemon Water?
Lemon water is simply the juice from lemons mixed with water.
The amount of lemon you use depends on your personal preference, and this drink can be enjoyed either cold or hot.
Some people also choose to add lemon rind, mint leaf or other ingredients.
Lemon water has become a popular morning beverage, since it’s been claimed to help improve your mood, energy levels, immune system and metabolic health.
Lemon Water Nutrition Facts
Lemons are loaded with healthy benefits, and particularly, they’re a great vitamin C foodsource. One cup of fresh lemon juice provides 187 percent of your daily recommended serving of vitamin C — take that, oranges! Lemon juice also offers up a healthy serving of potassium, magnesium and copper.
Check out what other benefits one cup of fresh lemon juice adds to a plain glass of water. Here are some lemon water nutrition facts:
- 61 calories
- 3 grams protein
- 6 grams sugar
- 0 grams fat
- 112 milligrams vitamin C (187 percent DV)
- 303 milligrams potassium (9 percent DV)
- 31.7 micrograms folate (8 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligrams vitamin B6 (6 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligrams thiamin (5 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligrams copper (4 percent DV)
- 1 gram fiber (4 percent DV)
- 14.6 milligrams magnesium (4 percent DV)
- 0.4 milligrams vitamin E (2 percent DV)
Some Rita Product: