What Is Coconut Milk?
Coconut milk comes from the white flesh of mature brown coconuts, which are the fruit of the coconut tree.
The milk has a thick consistency and a rich, creamy texture.
Thai and other Southeast Asian cuisines commonly include this milk. It’s also popular in Hawaii, India and certain South American and Caribbean countries.
Coconut milk should not be confused with coconut water, which is found naturally in immature green coconuts.
Unlike coconut water, the milk does not occur naturally in liquid form. The solid flesh is mixed with water to make coconut milk, which is about 50% water.
By contrast, coconut water is about 94% water. It contains much less fat and fewer nutrients than coconut milk.
Nutrients in Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is a high-calorie food.
About 93% of its calories come from fat, including saturated fats known as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs).
The milk is also a good source of several vitamins and minerals. One cup (240 grams) contains :
- Calories: 552.
- Fat: 57 grams.
- Protein: 5 grams.
- Carbs: 13 grams.
- Fiber: 5 grams.
- Vitamin C: 11% of the RDI.
- Folate: 10% of the RDI.
- Iron: 22% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 22% of the RDI.
- Potassium: 18% of the RDI.
- Copper: 32% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 110% of the RDI.
- Selenium: 21% of the RDI.
Some Rita Product:
Newer news items:
- What is Rita Lemon Water? - 27/04/2017 09:14
- More packing and benefit from Rita Basil seed - 24/04/2017 09:04
- What is Vitamin C ? Vitamin C made from ? - 19/04/2017 08:45
- Rita beverage!!! Rita at Italy !!! Golf lab tour 2017 - 15/04/2017 06:38
- Benefit of basil seed from Rita beverage!! - 12/04/2017 09:53
Older news items:
- Rita beverage !! numberone for quality, best drink for you. - 24/02/2017 08:17
- Health benefits of passion fruit - 14/02/2017 06:49
- Benefit of Ginger!!, need drink more ginger every day. - 09/02/2017 08:09
- Year end Party 2016, Happy new year 2017 Rita - 23/01/2017 09:31
- Soursop can Kills Cancer Cells - 13/01/2017 07:12