1) Flavonoids found in grape juice raise the level of HDL (good) cholesterol. This prevents blockage of arteries and the heart remains healthy.
2) Resveratrol found in grape juice prevents the formation of tumors in the body. So this prevents cancer. Purple-colored grape juice prevents breast cancer.
3) By drinking this juice, the levels of nitric oxide is increased in the body which reduces the formation of clots in blood vessels. This reduces chances of heart attacks.
4) Drinking grape juice daily helps in lowering blood pressure.
5) Grape juice has anti-aging properties and it also helps to reduce weight.
6) Antioxidants present in grape juice repair damaged cells and also prevent them from further damage.
7) Cough and acidity remain away from the person who drinks grape juice regularly.
8) Taking grape juice in the morning without sugar helpsin curing migraine. It is a good home remedy for migraine.
9) Grape juice cures blood disorders and is a very good purifier of blood. It flushes out harmful toxins from the body.
10) Grape juice also cures constipation problem as it acts as a good laxative.
11) Red colored grape juice has strong antiviral and antibacterial properties. So it saves from different infections.
12) Grape juice has been found to be very effective in asthma treatment due to its eminent therapeutic value.
13) Antioxidants present in grape juice can help in preventing aging related problems like Alzheimer’s disease.
14) The purple grape juice helps in fighting atherosclerosis.
15) Antioxidants present in grape juice boost the immune system.
Recently I was wandering through an Asian market and came across Dried Basil Seeds. In my haste, I thought it just said basil seeds. Hmmm, maybe they were for sprouting, or at the very least I could plant them?
So I bought them, and when I got home saw the “dried” on the label. Like any self-respecting Green Diva, I googled it and learned that they act much like my beloved chia seeds. Like most seeds, they’re chock full of nutrients and are considered by some to be a super food. One difference (that I liked) is that the basil seeds plump up in minutes, whereas the chia seeds may take hours. And I really like the tapioca texture of these seeds. Just because they aren’t as “trendy” yet, doesn’t mean they aren’t fabulous.
Orange juice, as you can probably guess, is the juice squeezed from the popular and delicious citrus fruit, oranges. It is widely considered one of the healthiest beverages because of its wide range of health benefits, which include its ability to boost immune system function, reduce signs of aging, protect against cancer, boost cellular repair and metabolism, detoxify the body, improve circulation, improves blood pressure, reduces inflammation, and lowers cholesterol levels.
Oranges have been a staple of eating healthy for thousands of years, and the fruit probably originated somewhere in Southeast Asia. Historical records of oranges date back as far as China, more than 4,500 years ago. It is one of the most popular citrus fruits, and its scientific name is Citrus sinensis. There are a number of different orange varieties, but this is the sweet orange, the most popular and commonly eaten variety. This provides some of the most delicious types of orange juice, although there are some people who prefer the juice from blood oranges, mandarin oranges, or even bitter oranges.
The orange juice can be just as beneficial as eating the fruit whole, provided it is 100% natural, and is not loaded with preservatives, additives, and sugar. The closest thing to eating an orange would be drinking a glass of unpasteurized, freshly squeezed orange juice. The skin and pulp in oranges do have considerable health benefits, but you can get most of the most unusual nutrients and beneficial components out of orange juice in this way.
Avoid frozen orange juice, canned orange juice, or concentrate, because with all of the processing, you lose a considerable amount of the natural goodness, and producers often turn to adding chemicals to the juice to replenish some of the lost nutritive value. Go natural and make sure you are getting all of the benefits of this miraculous and delicious fruit juice!